Librarian: Mrs. Amanda Jones, M.Ed.+30
This is my 19th year at LOM. I am a former 7th and 8th grade ELA teacher and LOM & LOHS alumna. I have a Masters +30 and I am a certified K-12 librarian, 1-8 elementary teacher, school administrator, and reading specialist. I love to read and share book suggestions with students and was chosen as the Social Media Superstar: Program Pioneer by the American Assocation of School Librarians. I enjoy presenting at district, state, and national conferences and am the founder of Edcamp Watson. I am a member of the professional organizations listed below and the head of several school clubs including Girls Who Code, Novel Bunch, Silent Reading Club, Wizards of Watson, and the after school STEAM program. I have the best job in the world and I have enjoyed
making our school library the heart of Live Oak Middle School.
Feel free to email me if you ever have any questions or concerns.
- Article: Librarian Receives National Recognition
- Article by Mrs. Jones in Knowledge Quest: Exanding Our Battle of the Books with the AASL Inspire Special Event Grant
- Mrs. Jones was featured on Episode 41 of the School Librarians United Podcast titled "Using Social Media to Showcase Your Library Program."
- Mrs. Jones was featured on Episode 49 of the School Librarians United Podcast titled "Free Money and How to Stretch Your Budget"
- Article: Librarian Uses Social Media for Literacy Awareness
- Article: Your AASL Social Media Superstars
- Press Release: AASL Awards 5 Inspire Special Events Grants
- Press Release: LOMS Librarian Receives National Recognition
- Article: LOM's Indoor Observational Beehive
- Article: LOM Celebrates World Read Aloud Day
- Article: LOM Students Rewarded for Reading Achievements
- Article: Louisana Library Association Honors Top Middle School Librarian