Librarian: Mrs. Amanda Jones, M.Ed.+30
2020 Louisiana School Librarian of the Year
This is my 19th year at LOM. I am a former 7th and 8th grade ELA teacher and LOM & LOHS alumna. I have a Masters +30 and I am a certified K-12 librarian, 1-8 elementary teacher, school administrator, and reading specialist. I LOVE to read and help students select books they will enjoy. I am the current 2nd Vice President of the Louisiana Association of School Librarians (and serve on several committees) and our library was the winner of the 2019 LLA James O Modisette Award for middle school library programming. I am the 2020 Louisiana School Librarian of the Year, the 2019 LACUE Middle/Junior Teacher of the Year, and the 2019 Social Media Superstar Program Pioneer for the American Association of School Librarians. In addition to being a member of the Louisiana Young Readers’ Choice 6-8 Committee, I also enjoy presenting at district, state, regional, and national conferences. I am a member of the LPPS Master Trainer Cohort and have presented at both the ISTE Librarians Playground in Philadelphia and at the AASL 2019 National Conference in Kentucky. I am a member of the professional organizations listed below and the head of several school clubs including Girls Who Code, Novel Bunch, Silent Reading Club, Wizards of Watson, and the after school STEAM program. I have the best job in the world and I have enjoyed making our school library the heart of Live Oak Middle School.
Feel free to email me if you ever have any questions or concerns.
- Blog by Mrs. Jones in AASL's Knowledge Quest: Leading Virtual Trips During COVID-19
- Article: Journey With Jones--LOM Librarian Plans Virtual Reality Trips for Students Stuck at Home
- Article by Mrs. Jones in Knowledge Quest: Get Your Self(ie) Out There: My Year As An AASL Social Media Superstar
- Article: Librarian Receives National Recognition
- Article by Mrs. Jones in Knowledge Quest: Exanding Our Battle of the Books with the AASL Inspire Special Event Grant
- Mrs. Jones was featured on Episode 41 of the School Librarians United Podcast titled "Using Social Media to Showcase Your Library Program."
- Mrs. Jones was featured on Episode 49 of the School Librarians United Podcast titled "Free Money and How to Stretch Your Budget"
- Mrs. Jones was featured on Librarian Influencers podcast titled "It's Not Bragging, It's Advocating"
- Mrs. Jones was featured on Librarian Influencers podcast titled "Cornovirus with Amanda Jones"
- Article: Librarian Uses Social Media for Literacy Awareness
- Article: Your AASL Social Media Superstars
- Press Release: AASL Awards 5 Inspire Special Events Grants
- Press Release: LOMS Librarian Receives National Recognition
- Article: LOM's Indoor Observational Beehive
- Article: LOM Celebrates World Read Aloud Day
- Article: LOM Students Rewarded for Reading Achievements
- Article: Louisana Library Association Honors Top Middle School Librarian
- Article: Kids and Authors Alike Love Instagram. Here's How To Leverage It To Get Kids Reading